Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Second Leather Bowl




Artist: Penny Hall     Item:  My Second Bowl    Location:  Sold at Auction


I donated the second bowl I created to a local fund raiser where it brought $450.00 toward the cause.  I was shocked.

I decided to make several pieces and try selling them at our local arts festival.  It seemed like a good way to make some extra money to help with medical costs.

A few days before the show my retina detached.  I was in bed recovering from yet another eye surgery unable to attend the show.

I was also unemployed due to the eye problems and needed a way to create income.  So, I began to search for outlets for the pieces I had already created.

With the help of Blind and Low Vision Services I learned to use magnifying tools and lights to assist me as I began to build my new art business.